So some of you know, that I am a hairstylist and about a year and a half ago I put a cute little salon in my basement. So my poor kids have to deal with me doing hair appointments on and off again during the day and at night.
I try to schedule a lot of my daytime appointments for when Wyatt is having a nap, but sometimes he won't go to sleep before hand. That's okay though... I discovered that he is very fond of our dog Kalli's bed and all I have to do is encourage him to lay down in her bed and he is out in flash. I feel a little guilty sometimes that my kid has naps in the dog bed, but I do bath her (the dog) regularly so it's not dirty or anything. Plus I think those of you have toddlers will agree when I say "hey whatever works!"
I have to add in today's post one of the events of yesterday: Maddison got her first Bee Sting. It was actually a wasp. She was outside on the swing set and a wasp got stuck in her hair. That obviously agitated the wasp and it stung her on her arm. Needless to say we had yet another traumatic moment at the Mehler household. For those of you who don't know Maddison very well, she is a girly girl all the way, and when she freaks out about something there is nothing subdued or calm about it. She is an opinionated stubborn little thing (hmmm, doesn't sound like her mother at all, does she!) and when she has decided on something there is no changing her mind. So she has decided that she is never playing on the swing set again, and is worried about stepping foot outside for fear of the bees. We'll have to work on her; I did tell her that her dad would spray for wasps all around the swing set and kill them so she could continue to play outside. I think it helped, but we'll see.
We are talking about going to the new IKEA in Draper today, just for something to do but havn't made up our minds for sure yet. I havn't been since the week it opened (yes I was crazy enough to go, but not crazy enough to take my kids!) so it would be nice to go back through right now. When it's 100 degrees outside, it's hard to take your kids outside in the middle of the day, it's just too hot. So we do end up spending the afternoons indoors or at the pool and the evenings outside. I did promise Maddi we would make either cookies or strawberry freezer jam today. I think Jam will win because we have been out of it for a couple of weeks now.
Well I gotta go. Maddi is jump roping / trying to strangle Wyatt with my fire wire cord (the one that connects the video camera to the computer!) Talk to you all tomorrow.
E
1 comment:
i had no idea you were a hairstylist. i graduated from beauty school in utah and did hair for like a year, but didn't like it. i still keep my licenses current in both utah and washington but just for the discount hair products...that's a bonus!
Post a Comment