Saturday, August 11, 2007

Chuck E Cheese


This morning I had scheduled two hair appointments and by the time I was done,the kids were bored out of their minds. Then their cousins Rylie and Landrie came over so I decided to go do something fun with them all. I had had a coupon to Chuck E Cheese in my purse for a month, so I took Rylie, Maddi and Wyatt.
Mike & Mark had been planning on running an errand so they decided to take Landrie with them and meet us later. As I was driving down the street, I stopped to chat with my friend Erin. She was bored so I invited her and her little girl Taylor to come along. We had tons of fun, more fun than I had expected. We ended up playing for 3 hours!!! Some of the major highlights were riding the mini merry go round, playing air hockey (Maddi and Rylie played each other and I was surprised at how quickly they caught on. It was so cute and makes me want to buy a mini air hockey table!) We also had fun testing all of the games that spit out tickets to figure out which ones gave out the most. We ended up with 175 tickets, and traded those in for a magic trick and a lip gloss ring. I was actually quit surprised to discover that Chuck E Cheese makes a decent pizza- I actually liked it better than a lot of other pizza I've tasted; who would have known!
It was HILARIOUS watching Maddison and Rylie play Skee-Ball. They would throw the balls instead of rolling them at the targets, and right next to the skee ball machine is a squirt gun water game. Well one throw was so bad it cleared the skee ball game and ended up in the water game next to it. I am just glad they didn't hurt anyone.
I am also a bit nervous that Wyatt is going to come down with a strange disease because more than once I had to grab random drinks from his hands (as he was sipping) because he would pick them up whenever he happened upon one. DISGUSTING. I swear that kid is 100% boy. Another time he had taken his flip flops off because they were hurting his toe and he managed to pick a peperoni up off the floor with his toes, bring his foot up to his hand, take the peperoni out of his foot and proceeded to try and eat it. THANK GOODNESS I was right there and could stop that one before it ever happened.
All and all it was a great afternoon. I can't wait for it to cool off just a bit more and we can go back to just playing in the park. People in Utah County are staying clear of the pool right now; apparently there are a large amount of people who have reported, let's say, "a case of the runs" after swimming in some of the local pools. I don't know if it's this stomach flu virus still going around or if there is some sort of bacteria infestation, but I'll tell you what, I'm not going to be the one to test it out.

Toodles friends, I'll check in again soon.
~Erin

2 comments:

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

your kids are so darling!so good to catch up even if it's online!
love ya
kristen

Angie said...

oh man i used to love chuck e. cheese when i was a kid. your kids are so adorable.