Okay, so I am feeling a lot better now. I have come to terms with the fact that she will be in first grade before her hair is all one length again. (She is in pre-school right now) That is assuming she doesn't cut her hair again; Oh, I wouldn't put it past her, but hopefully she's learned her lesson. I am posting a picture now of what her hair cut looks like without the extensive blow drying / round brushing we do each day to hide it. Then later after we do it, I'll post a picture. I can actually hide the short bangs on top pretty well. It's just the one side she got so short that looks very "Posh Spice" (Incidentally that is her new nickname.) You'll see what I mean later. The one great thing that has come out of all of this, I think it has made me a better hairdresser. Really, I feel like the next time I have a mother come to me with a child who has chopped all of their hair off, I'll have more confidence trying to help them fix it and make it cute every day. The Moral of the Story, You live and learn. No more scissors for Maddi.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
The Trauma has subsided:
As you can see, we did the best we could. It looks more lopsided in this photo than it really is, but in a couple months I should be able to even it out!


Okay, so I am feeling a lot better now. I have come to terms with the fact that she will be in first grade before her hair is all one length again. (She is in pre-school right now) That is assuming she doesn't cut her hair again; Oh, I wouldn't put it past her, but hopefully she's learned her lesson. I am posting a picture now of what her hair cut looks like without the extensive blow drying / round brushing we do each day to hide it. Then later after we do it, I'll post a picture. I can actually hide the short bangs on top pretty well. It's just the one side she got so short that looks very "Posh Spice" (Incidentally that is her new nickname.) You'll see what I mean later. The one great thing that has come out of all of this, I think it has made me a better hairdresser. Really, I feel like the next time I have a mother come to me with a child who has chopped all of their hair off, I'll have more confidence trying to help them fix it and make it cute every day. The Moral of the Story, You live and learn. No more scissors for Maddi.
Okay, so I am feeling a lot better now. I have come to terms with the fact that she will be in first grade before her hair is all one length again. (She is in pre-school right now) That is assuming she doesn't cut her hair again; Oh, I wouldn't put it past her, but hopefully she's learned her lesson. I am posting a picture now of what her hair cut looks like without the extensive blow drying / round brushing we do each day to hide it. Then later after we do it, I'll post a picture. I can actually hide the short bangs on top pretty well. It's just the one side she got so short that looks very "Posh Spice" (Incidentally that is her new nickname.) You'll see what I mean later. The one great thing that has come out of all of this, I think it has made me a better hairdresser. Really, I feel like the next time I have a mother come to me with a child who has chopped all of their hair off, I'll have more confidence trying to help them fix it and make it cute every day. The Moral of the Story, You live and learn. No more scissors for Maddi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment