Monday, July 7, 2008

Let the movies begin!

So the highlight this weekend was definately watching movies in the backyard! We decided to have a "campout" in the backyard on Thursday night. We had kind of a "progressive dinner" but it wasn't all dinner. It was so fun and if any of you want to copy us on the next holiday, here's what we did.

We started at my sister in law Hollie's house- she provided dinner. Then we drove to Ginger's (about 5 minutes away) and had ice cream sunday's in the back yard. Next we drove to our house where we watched a movie (we rented a projector from computer solutions in AF and put a sheet up on the house... SO MUCH FUN!!) We had set up the tents earlier that night and all camped out in the back yard! We woke up Friday morning the 4th and Hollie, Mark and I cooked breakfast for everyone (thanks for the help Hollie). Then everyone went home to shower and get ready for the next part. So later on Friday we all went up to Mark's mom's house in Sandy where she had set up a swimming pool and one of those giant blow up water slides. (We missed that part because Maddi wasn't feeling well) then we all ate dinner- did fireworks and finished off the day watching the Sandy City fireworks show!

Phew, what a Holiday. We had the projector until This morning so we watched movies on Saturday night and again last night out in the backyard! It was sooo much fun, Mark and I are super tempted to buy a projector now! Who knows, every weekend we might have a movie night for the rest of the summer- that would be fun.

3 comments:

Miss Tanya said...

That sounds like a blast! We are just now finishing the last of the basement and making Keith's dream come true. He has always wanted a theater room in his house and so we are finishing off the back two rooms over the next couple of weeks. I will finally have a finished office and he will have a theater. Like you said it will be fun to take the projector out and use it in the yard,,,definately a GREAT time!!!!! We loved the one we had a year ago!!!! I loved the way you rotated through the different families,,,great idea!!!

Brazil's Girl said...

Wow, you post just made me want to take a second afternoon nap.I'm so tired. Holy cow Erin! I didn't know what progressive dinners were, and I don't think I'll ever be interested in one. Unless it's between me and the neighbors across the street. That's as far as I'll go to eat more food. LOL.

How the heck are you?

Catherine Wiggins said...

yay! We'll come over if ya do buy one!