Monday, May 5, 2008

What do burnt shoes and a burnt tortilla have in common?


So on Friday I decided to make enchiladas from scratch. I was in the process of cooking the last few tortillas and had put together one batch of enchiladas. I turned on the oven and after a few minutes could smell something aweful burning, it was that burnt rubber/plastic horrible smell. I looked everywhere, all over the stove etc. and then something in the oven caught my eye. I openend up the oven door and Maddisons cute white sandals were sitting on the rack, now becoming brown. I pulled them out, threw them in the sink and turned on the water. By the time I got that all figured out, the tortilla I was cooking was black.

2 comments:

Miss Tanya said...

I had no idea those two things could have SO much in common,,,,what I can't figure out is how they got there,,,there is NO WAY Wyatt or Maddison would have put them there (wink)! Now that is a story to tell later in life when they are complaining about how naughty their own kids are being,,,,tooo CUTE!!! Bummer on the shoes!

Amy said...

That is too funny! So something that would happen to me! Thanks for letting me watch your children this morning. They are darling and such good kids! I LOVE what you've done with your blog! It's darling!