Anyway, This is an awesome cookbook which was featured in my favorite magazine, Family Fun. After reading the article I went straight to Amazon and it's on the way as we speak. After I recieve it, I'll post a review, but I'm guessing, I'm gonna love it! The whole idea behind it is to puree veggies and add them into recipes your kids will eat, "disguising" the nutritional and ending mealtime battles over veggies a.k.a forcefeeding. It gives you great purees to make and suggestions on what foods to add them to, and specific recipes including pancakes, spaghetti and even brownies! Whoo hoo to healthier kids.

BTW, another tip for all you mommy's out there: I just bought a new blender combination food processor last week, after much online review reading I decided on a Cuisinart. They normally retail for around $120.00, but me being the bargain shopper that I am found it at KOHLS for $70 including Tax. KOHLS is by far the best place to buy appliances if you are looking for name brand quality deals. Wait for their sales (which are pretty much every weekend) and sign up online to recieve their ads in the mail (they usually have a coupon for an additional 15%-30% off your total purchase). It is also one of those stores where it pays to have an in store credit card. Many of their deals and discounts only work when you charge the items. I usually just pay it off the next day, you can pay on their website, there are no fees to process an online payment and it's fast and easy. Just thought I'd share.
6 comments:
Erin,
I like that idea, I'm gonna have to take a look at it next time I come over to get my hair done.
xoxo
Ren.
There's a cookbook out called Deceptively Delicious that's the same thing. It's at Costco and what's funny is Jerry Sienfeld's wife wrote it. I need these books to get my husband to eat vegetables.
Erin: Just updated myself on your blog! First of all, even though I don't have kids, I totally bought the Deceptively Delicious cookbook and love it. Second of all, if you are burned out from the Utah weather and your husband travels, girl, get your butt down here to southern California and we'll go to Disneyland and the beach. Oh sure you can bring the kids! This week is rainy, but we have had 75 degree weather. Come on down!
I bought Deceptively Delicious after seeing it on Oprah and getting so excited about it months and months ago...
Well, I haven't made anything yet.
I am a bad mother.
Ü
Yum! I will definitely pick it up, even though my kids aren't too terrible about eating veggies. I agree, why can't I come up with these great ideas?! Maybe one day....
So where's your bag, Miss Erin? If you don't know what I am talking about, please refer to my blog...
I'm enjoying all of your fun ideas though!
Post a Comment