It all started last Saturday when I decided going furniture shopping with my sister in law Hollie would be a great idea. You see normally I don't furniture shop, for a good reason too: I can't ever buy the furniture, so why do it to myself? Anyway, I spent the last week in a very mild depression over all of the old hand me downs that furnish my home... (don't get me wrong, I am VERY grateful to have been given these pieces, otherwise my house would be bare. I just finally got to the point where I was ready to choose something to fit my style and taste;) my mother in law had a conversation with Mark and they devised a plan. On Friday night we were up at my MIL's house and all on whim (so it seemed) decided to go to "the mall". I was a bit surprised that Mark was willing to go, he hates the mall. It should have been my first clue. He drove, and started out going the wrong direction, I of course always have a solution, so I just simply suggested going to the other mall that was in the direction he was going. On the way to the mall, he pulled into the RC Willey parking lot and suggested we all go in and look for a minute. I was confused but shrugged it off because I knew my bro and sis in law were in the process of shopping for an entertainment center. We meandered our way through the store and began looking at the tables. He pointed one out and I said, "I'll show you the one I like, I already know exactly which table I want." We went and looked at it and to my complete and utter shock, Mark flagged the sales guy down and said "We want to buy this table." I really thought he was just teasing me! It was a great birthday surprise. (A few weeks early)
5 comments:
that is SO cute! What an awesome birthday surprise!!! LOVE IT! Way to go, Mark!
So cute Erin! That is simialiar to the one we were looking at getting a few weeks ago! Looks fantastic in your home!
Love it...isnt' it nice when they surprise us...
I love that table! And even more in person. You deserve it, you're such a good wife!
-Ginger
I have the EXACT same table. We must have the same taste in furniture. One of these days I will get rid of my hand me down furniture as well!
Post a Comment