I just wanted to give a shout out to all the women out there who are, or have been single mothers. Mark is out of town this week, and as some of you know, he is gone most of Jan - March each winter and I am a semi-single parent. (I know it's not the same thing at all as really being a sinlge mom, it's the much easier version of it.) Anyway, I just wanted to share some of the highlights so far that I have gotten to deal with on my own this week.
Yesterday morning, Wyatt woke up at 6:30am and declared, " I haf a go potty mom." Since he is still in diapers and slowly transition to big boy undies, I half a asleep still replied "okay, go then." He then proceeded to go into my bathroom, completely undress himself and poop on two of my three bathmats. He did make it to the toilet for part of the pottying, but most of it ended up on the floor. The bath mats were 4 years old, so those just ended up in the trash. (without going into detail, it was nasty enough that I couldn't have cleaned the bath mats well enough to remove the stains anyway, so yes, throwing them out was warranted.) I got that mess all cleaned up and thought that would be the last of the trauma, well we had a busy day and neither Maddi or Wyatt got naps, Maddi does fine without one now, but Wyatt still needs naps. By 8pm they were toast; maddi got her jammies on and got in my bed (since Mark is out of town) and Wyatt got in the bath tub. While I was in Wyatt's room grabbing his jammies and diaper, I got distracted and started picking up a bit. He snuck out of the tub and proceeded to my bedroom where he began spritzing Maddison with a spray bottle. She freaked out, of course, and after I got her calmed down and taken care of I went back to the bathtub where Wyatt had retreated in an attempt to avoid being reprimanded, and scolded him telling him, it was time to get out of the tub and get in bed. He was so tired, that he immediately threw a giant tantrum. Wyatt rarely has tantrums, when he does it's because he's beyond tired, but he gets really really upset when he does throw one, to the point where he cries so hard he gags himself and throws up everywhere... which is exactly what he did, all over me, last night. It was all over me, all over him, all over the carpet, towel and bathroom floor. (I was right outside the bathroom when it began and got him to the toilet to finish up.) Talk about a disgusting day!!!
On top of that all, I came down with a head cold yesterday and started feeling like crap last night. Today I just took Ibuprofen to make it through, (don't worry that I have two hair appointments and a work thing tonight.)
Anyway, I just have to applaud all the single moms out there and tell you how much you rock! I admire all of you who do it alone and do it well. You are great women and you're doing a good job!!! If you ever need anything, call me, I'll be there in a second.
2 comments:
OOOhhhh that was a bad day! And you are much nicer than me, when Adam is gone the kids are in bed by 7 lights out by 7:30. Just keep swimming!
Erin...Just wanted to say hi back. I noticed you gave me a shout-out on Kim's blog. I appreciate your thoughts on single mothering and have enjoyed reading about you and your family. I truly enjoyed the time spent with the Johnson Fam in Newport.
Post a Comment