Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sorry for the wait...

So I am very sorry to those of you who have been waiting for some gross story to read involving raunchy injuries or bodily fluid incidences you never wanted to know about. you know I'm always good for something that will make you cringe. I actually have a really gross one too from this week, but it's involving the dog and sickness and things I gaurantee you you don't want to read about, so we'll skip it!

Mark has been out of town the majority of this month in Vernal for work. I actually packed up the kids and the dog and we went down with him last Monday and Tuesday. It was more fun than I expected and I am glad to say I have finally seen it. There are only two more major locations in Utah I havn't been to but want to see still, Lake Powell, (I know it's Ludacris {I know I spelled that like the rapper "Ludacris" but It's late and I can't remember how to spell it the normal way. And now I have this stupid rap song my brother in law was listening to the other day in my head, some of you may know it where they say something like "I was like, LUDA, and I was like what?" I don't know the words but it's stuck in my head anyway... look on I tunes and you'll know what I'm talking about, it's very catchy.} So back to what I was saying, I still haven't been to Lake Powell in the ten years I have lived here. I did watch a week long series of specials on KBYU earlier this month that told about the canyon that used to exist where lake Powell now is, and the dam they built there. It's crazy how many ancient ruins were covered up when they filled the canyon. Interesting stuff.
Okay so the other place I would love to visit is Bear Lake. I hear some great things about that place and I've never been. So hopefully soon I'll make it to those two places.
While we were in Vernal we took the kids to the dinosaur museum which was awesome because all of the bones, artifacts and fossils were found in that area. I really want to go back this summer and look for fossilized leaves in rocks etc. I also want to go back and go to Flaming Gorge. I think it would be so fun to camp and rent Jet Skis. That's my plan, and since I am totally in control of that stuff in my family I'm sure it will totally happen. (re-read that last sentence and drench it in sarcasm... See I was totally not serious at all.)

The only other news I have is that Maddison broke my camera at the beginning of the month, that's why there are no photos as of late. (and probably why I havn't posted much) I sent it in to be repaired though and apparently it's under warranty, so it's been fixed and is already on it's way back to me. Soon I'll have more photos posted for you all.

Talk at ya'll later.
E

3 comments:

Angie said...

that ludacris part made me laugh so hard....cause seriously...how do you spell ludacris? i would have done the same thing.

Jen Howick said...

You're not alone in your not seeing the last 2 wonders of Utah. I've never been to Lake Powell or Bear Lake either, yet, it seems like EVERYONE else has! Maybe someday we'll all get there and then we can exchange stories about what it was like... on our awesome blogs!

Rachel said...

I can't believe you haven't been to Lake Powell! You need to go, it is so much fun. Juston's family has a condo in Bear Lake. You should come up with us one of these weekends. We take the snowmobiles up a few times each winter. There are over 100 miles of snowmobile trails there.