Wednesday, November 21, 2007

BROKEN!



This is my pathetic attempt at giving you a visual of the current state of Mark's left hand. Unfortunately, he officially retired from Basketball upon sustaining yet another B-ball related injury last night. This one, as well, is going to require surgery, and according to the info I have gathered so far, he will have a metal plate in his hand the rest of his life. (his previous injury for those of you who don't know was a shoulder injury- his shoulder has dislocated so many times I can't count. He just had his second repair surgery on that one in March of this year. So before 2007 ends he will go under the knife again.)

Just to let you all know (because the question has been asked) this is Mark's 1st broken bone and he is not super accident prone, he's just aggressive when it comes to basketball and he'll sacrifice his limbs for the game.

The official word from the doc: broke a 1" piece of his middle metacarpal on both sides.

I'm just full of interesting stories for you all... Maybe I should have been a nurse. It certainly would have come in handy in our house.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor Mark! Must have been church ball with that much agression! ;)

Your blog looks so fun and Christmasy(you like that word I just made up?)

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Nothing to do with Mark (ouch!) but I love the new look! Do you digi-scrap? I use that kit a lot for Christmas cards I do for people. Cute!

Jen Howick said...

What do they always say about those that play church ball? Sounds like Mark is one of "those!" haha... j/k Hopefully his hand will feel better soon!