Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A few of my favorite things....

I feel like Oprah right now. You know how every year she does her annual "Favorite Things" show? Well I am about to tell you about a few of my favorite things! (I guess I'm not really Oprah because I am not giving any of these away for free, just sharing the info. Some day when I'm as rich as Oprah, I'll give you the stuff for free.)

#1 I've known about these for a while but haven't ever posted about them on my blog, but I do love all of her items and trust me, the pictures on her website do not do these supercute bags justice at all!
MODSACK'S (click on the link)

#2 Different company, but also a Utah based at home business (I am all over supporting SAHM's who start businesses from home, can you tell?) These are awesome and super duper cute baby carriers, the kind that wrap around. Very stylish, very fabulous:
MODMUM'S

#3 Another staple in my life, which many of you already know I can't live without, are my Shade Shirts. I just wanted to let you all know that this Saturday, April 19th, Shade is having it's first ever $5 shirt sale. Everything at this sale will be marked down to $5. The sale is being held from 9am-5pm in the Provo High School parking lot. Oh and if you havn't checked our their super flattering swimming suits, you just have to. I swear, these really could make it onto Oprah's Favorites list. I will never buy another swimsuit besides these again in my life. The tops make you look as though you've had a boob job, and the bottoms, as if you've had a tummy tuck or lost an extra 10-15 lbs. (that's if you need help in those departments as I do.)
SHADE CLOTHING

#4 Scentsy Candle Warmers. You already know how I feel about those, I love them.
SCENTSY

#5 ART... this is a random one, but I love everything about Art, and "The Arts" So I had to tell you all (who don't already know) about two incredible exhibits going on right now in Utah county. The first one is at the BYU museum of Art; Minerva Teichert's "Pageants in Paint" Exhibition is up until May 26th, so there isn't much time left to catch this one if you havn't already been down to it.

Also, the Springville Museum of Art has an incredible exhibition going on right now:
"Delicious" is perhaps the best way to describe the art of iconic American artist Wayne Thiebaud. Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting will be on display at the Museum from 28 March - 27 July 2008. View paintings of delicacies that made the artist famous as well as his newest artworks. Click here for more information about the exhibition.
A must see in my opinion. These are great for taking younger children (stroller and well behaved walkers) to because they aren't huge museums. At BYU you can hit the Bean Museum right after (which is free), then stop off at the BYU Creamery.

I also have to tell you that if you do venture down to the Springville exhibit, you must stop at the "Art City Trolley" it's a resturaunt on State Street that origionated out of a trolley car, they have built onto the back to make the restaurant bigger. It's cute, fun and the food is great. ANYTHING you order is fantastic, but I have a particular weakness for the BBQ wings. MMMMM.
And TRUST ME, after the Wayne Thiebaud Exhibit, you will be hungry!

1 comment:

astowers said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing!