The really bad part about getting behind in blogging, is having to play catch up. Most of my posts this year will be out of order, but I print my blog every year (it serves as our family journal / scrapbook) so I really need to add some of this stuff, even if it is scattered all over 2011. At least it will be in here.
St. Geezy (AKA St. George)
Apparently I am old, because the "cool" way to refer to St. George is "St. Geezy" according to my much younger Dixie College friend. And on top of it, I'm really old, because the term "cool" is no longer cool. It is a term that makes old people old.
A couple months ago we went on a trip to St. George with our in laws. We were able to see the Little Mermaid at Tuacahn and it was magical! I loev tuacahn, and the Little Mermaid was no exception to the magic of that theater. I love fun family time and vacations like these are the best. We left the twins with Pat so we could enjoy some much needed 1on1 time with Maddi and Wyatt.
Maddi made two really great friends in St. George. Jerica, and Brooklyn, and we were lucky enough to be able to bring them to the show with us. They are darling girls. About 20 minutes before the show ended, Maddi's friend Brooklyn out of nowhere let out a blood curdling scream. Everyone in the theater turned to look at her, even the actors were distracted for a moment. She was super embarrassed and explained right away that a spider was crawling on her arm. We never found the spider, but she later went on to explain that it was a tarantula. ;) It sounded like someone was stabbing her - I think a few people thought for a moment that she was part of the play.
Somehow I ended up with all the kids in my car repeatedly the whole weekend. Good thing I love my nieces so much! And lucky me, they slept most of the ride home.
No comments:
Post a Comment