Tuesday, October 21, 2008

If you hate hunting photos, don't look at these, this is your official warning

There are pictures of a Deer Mark shot this weekend below, so I know I have a few friends who will cry at this, and I am warning you right now that they are in this lineup! Sorry, Mark was too excited, I had to post them.

So these are all from our fun UEA weekend. (For those of you who don't live in Utah, UEA is basically a 5 day weekend, Utah Education Association or something, it's a long weekend of teacher's seminars which half the teacher's skip to go on vacation as well!)
So here's some photos of how we spent it.


This first picture was taken right down the street from our house, it's hard to see what you're looking at. If you click on the picture it will enlarge it for you. We were driving down the street and spotted this cute little red fox all curled up in a ball, literally a few yards from the road, it was closer and clearer than this picture makes it seem.


Here is the afformentioned "typical hunter's photo". Way to go Mark. We drove down to Richfield and stayed in a brand new Fairfield Inn there. I love new hotels, they are so clean and always nice no matter what kind of hotel they are. The kids had fun swimming. We went with our friends Erin and Avery; Avery's parents live in Annabella about 5 minutes from Richfield. It is really pretty there and it was so much fun. Mark and Avery hopped on 4 wheelers right in Avery's parent's driveway and rode off down the street to hunt. It's like an after work activity there if you draw out. Sometimes when I go to these small towns in Utah I think it would be so fun to pick up my family, move to a small town and slow down the pace of life. It's so tempting at times. But I know myself too well and I would probably be driving up to the city every weekend so I might as well just live where I do.


This is at the Ute game on Saturday. The Utes beat Colorado, it was warm outside, hot actually and it was a ton of fun.


We rode Trax to the game, brought our two nephews along. I'm glad that it was just a trax ride, 4 kids 6 and under is a lot. It looked like we had two sets of twins with us and I kept thinking, this is Larry and Cherises life!! You are one tough cookie Cherise.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

It looks like a fun family weekend, even if the dead deer is a bit creepy! I am sure Mark was pumped! Hooray for long weekends!

Amy said...

What a fun weekend you had. Way to get yourself involved in the "hunt"! LOL! As for the poor children dressed in red...I'm so sorry for them! LOL!!! Just kidding, I just HAD to say that. Mark gave us a hard time the other night about our "Y" pumpkin on the porch. Very cute blog. I love it.