Saturday, June 7, 2008

Seattle

We had a ton of fun on our trip to Seattle. My parents house looks totally different than it did when I was growing up, but for those of you who want to picture where I am when I am gone, this is it!


We do a lot of the same things when we go to Seattle, but this was something new we did. There is a train that takes you through Snoqualmie and North Bend out to Snoqualmie falls, it was tons of fun! This is Maddi, Wyatt and their cousin Dottie enjoying the train ride!


We had a birthday party for Maddi while we were there, it was one of 3 parties she had this year!


My parents house has a park behind it that is a lakefront park. The kids love going to play in the sand and on the playground at the park. If we go in the summer we can go swim and play at the little beach right there. I grew up playing and swimming at that beach park so it's always fun to go over and remember all the fun times I had there as a kid.



One of the activities we do every time we go to Seattle is go to the Zoo.

Our favorite animals at the Zoo are the bears. There is a big open area that looks like you are just standing in the forest staring at these bears and at the bottom of their habitat there is a pool of water that a river runs to where the bears swim and play, catch fish etc. There is a glass wall that seperates you from the bears so you can literally stand face to face with a bear with only a couple of inches between you. This is the closest we have gotten and we've gone to see the bears at least four or five times.


3 comments:

Lisa Dean said...

It looks like your trip was a lot of fun. I wish got to have three birthday parties too! Maddi is a very lucky girl.

Jen Howick said...

how come i never saw that beach behind your backyard??? looks like it was a fun time! how can it not be at your parents house though?

Monique said...

Looks like you had a blast here in Seattle! I missed it here so much when Jeremy and I were living in Idaho. Luckily, we were able to come home! I look forward to getting to know your dad...Jer and I get the privilage of living in the same stake again (I grew up in the May Creek Ward). He'll be an awesome Stake Pres! Love the pictures! Your kids are adorable!