Thursday, October 11, 2007

Can you tell when I'm busy?

Well I thank all of you who continue to check my blog hoping there is something new to see, and I aplogize that there has been nothing new to see. Obviously, it's been a busy week!

I have been racking my brain for something funny or interesting to share with you all, but unfortunately not much has happened, we've just been busy. I will tell you this: last night was pack meeting (I am the Cub Scout Committee Chair in our ward, don't ask how I ended up there, I don't even know!) and we carved pumpkins for our activity. I came home with 5 grocery sacks full of pumpkin innards and Mark insisted that I bake the seeds using his mom's special roasted pumpkin seed recipe. I am munching on them now and boy are they tasty, so I will share with you all, in the spirit of the season, Mark's mom's roasted pumpkin seed recipe. Here it is:

-3 cups well rinsed pumpkin seeds (try to get most of the gooey stuff off, but a little mixed in won't hurt, it will just bake off.) Spread these out on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 300 degrees.
The Mixture: (mix in a large bowl)
-1 cube (yes 1/2 Cup) melted butter
-1/2 tsp worstershire sauce
-1/4 tsp celery salt
-1/4 tsp garlic salt
-1/4 tsp seasoning salt

mix this together well (I use a whisk), then pour the seeds back into the bowl and mix them all together. Spread back out on the cookie sheet and bake for 3 hours (yes, THREE hours) at 250 degrees.

After they are cooked, put into a container or into plastic baggies. We sprinkle a little more salt on them and mix them around.

I hope you all enjoy this tasty little snack as much as we do!

No comments: