Monday, March 26, 2012

Masters of Destruction

So I just printed my annual "blog book" for 2011.  Let's just say we'll be disappointed later in life that the craziest year of our life wasn't documented very well.  Hopefully I'll do better this year.  

Onto the exciting stuff.  Right now, it seems like daily hourly, I am cleaning up after little ones.  About 2 minutes ago I was on Amazon.com looking for locking devices for my pantry and fridge because I am so sick of cleaning up food messes.  While I want to be the type of parent who disciplines with "love and logic,"  I have two 2 year olds who are determined to make me the parent who disciplines out of anger and frustration.  Don't worry, I haven't beat them, yet.  I have started putting them in their room and locking the door with a device mark invented that involves tying a belt from one doorknob to another.  

This has all been found in the last week, and this is just a sampling... 

Today while I was on the phone, for 3 minutes (in the living room.)

These cupcakes were supposed to be for my neighbor.  I was in the kitchen cooking when they got these.  Yep they snuck them out of the fridge right behind my back. 

Cheese... the expensive bag from Costco... yeah. 
 P.S. Dora is NOT a good babysitter.  (I was on the phone in my office)

I can only surmise based on the fact that this is next to the toilet and sage did a #2 "all by myself" on Saturday that this is exactly what I don't want it to be. 

I am not a neglectful mother, they are only left un-attended for a couple minutes and I'm usually just in the next room and can hear them from where I'm at.  Occasionally I'm in the same room and have my back turned.  It's a good thing two year olds are so cute because if they weren't I'm pretty sure I would have run away by now. 

No comments: