Thursday, March 5, 2009

Holy Estrogen!

My biggest fears and Greatest joys are happening, and there's nothing I can do about it. Last night I spoke to my Dad on the phone and he told me that out of the three girls in my family, I was by far the most emotional. So call it what you want... karma... payback... retribution... but here it is: two more girls! I am so excited, but feeling sorry for Wyatt. I remember well the pubescent years where my poor brother would just lock himself in his room, or just not be home to avoid his 3 sisters, and I only hope that Wyatt will fare better. At least my brother was the oldest, he got out as early as he could. Wyatt is stuck right in the middle!! I really in all honesty think that he will love his sisters to death. He is so social, loving and happy that I think and hope he is great friends with them and I know they will mutually benefit from their siblings bringing home friends of the opposite sex when they are at the dating age. Who knows, maybe the twins will bring home a cute girl for Wyatt someday (after he's back from a mission.) We'll see. But for now, I am grateful to be blessed with such a wonderful wonderful family and excited for us to grow. Oh and who can be dissapointed at the thought of dressing TWO little baby girls in matching outfits! I have PLENTY of girl clothes, but I have a feeling that's not going to stop me from shopping.
I should mention before I end this long post, that they are fraternal, not identical, which I am very happy about. I think they will benefit from having their own identity since they will be sharing everything else pretty much!

9 comments:

Angie said...

congratulations! poor wyatt though.

Jen Howick said...

Congrats! It will be awesome!!!

Kim said...

How fun to have twin girls! Congrats! You'll have so much fun with them.

Kim said...

That is really fun news! Yes, matching outfits will be so cute!

Colleen said...

It is going to be so fun to dress them the same in those cute little girlie outfits! You know this means that Wyatt is going to need a brother still though...

Sharon said...

How exciting. Hope all continues to go well.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Yay and YAY!! Congrats!

Cody and Jayla Campbell said...

oh my gosh!!! congratulations Erin! I'm so jealous...i've always wanted twins. how exciting! :o) good luck! are you still a bunco groupie?

The Siple Family said...

That is so exciting. You are a great mom and your two new little gals are so lucky to be in your family. Matching clothes! That would be my favorite part too.