Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas tree, poor old Christmas tree.

We decided to go get our tree on Thursday night. I can't believe how outrageously priced trees are!! Since this year has been pretty rough on our family, we decided to cut costs and get a smaller tree. It works because from outside the house, it looks like a full tree. Putting it up on that table helped alot. It's small, but we know that Christmas isn't really about the tree, it's about so much more.

Just kidding people! We got a real tree too, although it's not much better. It was Mark's year to pick our tree, I usually go for the full and lush FULL size trees, but Mark insists on this wretched excuse for a christmas tree every year! I cannot stand the twigs (no offense if you like those kinds of trees, just not my favorite) So anyway, we went to pick out a tree at the lot, Mark insisted on this hideousness and Maddison was in tears because she wanted "a real christmas tree" she said she "hated dad's kind" so I let her choose the first tree, a miniature of what she really wanted. I told Mark he was mean because the kids should get to choose, but he was being stubborn since it was "his year" to pick. Poor Maddi. Oh well, next year we'll get a real tree.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Sadly, that is the only kind of tree that grows in WA, so when we went tromping through the woods to cut one down today that was the only kind to pick from! Scraggly and sparse! But it is good to know there are people like Mark out there who love that kind of tree! And you are a totally nice mom to get a separate tree for Madisson!

Amy said...

LOL!!! That is so funny. We are going to have to give Mark a hard time about this. I usually get that kind of tree (that Mark got) but I get it so tall that it hits my vaulted ceilings and so it looks much fuller than Mark's version. I like how the ornaments hang. I've had my tree since Wednesday and it's still sitting in my house with NO LIGHTS...NO DECORATIONS! Sheesh...oh well, at least it smells good right? I got a big bushy one this year so tell the kids they can walk down any time to see it! LOL!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Oh my gosh you make me laugh Erin.

I have a friend who loves skinny trees like that too, how funny.

Kim said...

You're so funny! I agree that it does look like a Charlie Brown tree, but whatever Mark likes this year right? I was feeling bad for your tiny little tree at first though. The scrawny one is still better than the mini one. :)

The Gibby's said...

Ha ha! Love it.

The Siple Family said...

your bar to add myself as a follower is missing. I want to follow your blog. . .

Tanya said...

Ha ha, that is too funny!!! I guess there's that much less to have to decorate!!